New York Canal Index Pages
Note: Canals in blue and underlined have index sheets which are accessible by double clicking on the hyperlink. Canals listed in green below do not yet have index sheets. They are listed here to make the list more complete. It is intended to add index sheets for them in the future.
- Auburn – Owasco Outlet
- Black River Canal
- Black Rock Canal & Lock
- Cayuga Seneca Canal
- Champlain Canal Sheet retyped 5/28/11, structure table added
- Chemung Canal
- Chenango Canal
- Chenango Extension Canal
- Cohoes Power Canal system
- Crooked Lake Canal
- Delaware & Hudson Canal
- Erie Canal Sheet revised and structure pages added 6/4/11
- Genesee Valley Canal Sheet retyped 3/28/10
- Dansville Branch (included with main canal)
- Genesee Valley Tunnel
- Glens Falls Feeder Sheet added 3/28/10
- Gowanus Canal
- Jefferson County
- Junction Canal Sheet added 3/4/10
- Junction Canal (Cohoes)
- Kings Power Canal
- NY & Sharon
- Oneida Lake Canals
- Oswego Canal
- Shinnecock Canal (Long Island)
- Saranac River Navigation Sheet and map added 3/25/10
- Wiley Dondero Canal – The US portion of the St. Lawrence Seaway. Sheet added 3/27/10
Click on the underlined name to view the page!
These are pdf files. To read these files, one needs the Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don’t have it, it is a free download at www.adobe.com.
Please note that many of these are the actual pages done in the early 1970’s. Changes have occurred since and there are some inaccuracies in the information on the pages.